Who we are
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, of those legitimate interests are not overriden by your rights or interstes, such as providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide he service you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, such as
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to a) respond to legal process or to government requests; b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies c) prevent, investigate and address fraud and other illegal activity, security or technical issues, and d) protect the rights, property and safety of my customers or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. Examples of these are:
- Access. You have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like when I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
For purposes of the EU data protection law, I, Martie Hancock, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have questions or concerns you may contact me at email@example.com . Alternatively you may mail me at
Martie Hancock, 83 Ducie Street, Manchester, M1 2JQ